Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How is this possible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zormas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How is this possible?
    Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 8:30am
Hello Folks,

I see a lot of people leaving their families in Canada while working outside canada after getting their PR cards.They visit their families once  a year(for a month) in Canada and are still able to retain their PR status every 5 year without any trouble.Correct me if I am wrong..but dont they need to reside in Canada for atleast 720 days! These people are DEFINITELY not completing 730 days! 

So theres a loophole in the system which these guys are exploiting successfully??

matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 8:50am
There's two possibilities:

1. They're legitimately working outside Canada for a Canadian company. That is sufficient to preserve PR status.

2. CBSA isn't noticing their repeated absences when they enter, and simply allowing them back in again.

If it's 2, then they would have to lie on their PR card renewal, and every time they enter Canada or apply to renew their PR card, they are running the risk of being questioned, and having proceedings started to revoke their PR status.

So, sure, people likely get away with it, but many will also get caught, and separated from their families. That's a pretty big risk and not worth it in my opinion.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 5:21pm
well because they leave their families here, CIC can't do much since they always end up retaining the PR status anyways due to the "interest of the children in Canada"......So it's a win win situation.

zormas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zormas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 11:48am
Thank you guys.I guess it all comes down to how much risk are u willing to take and if its all worth it :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic