Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Business / Investor Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Relevant Experience - will I get rejected?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relevant Experience - will I get rejected?
    Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:37am
Hi,

I'm looking at applying as a Business Immigrant under the Self-Employed stream. My occupation is as a coach (NOC 5252).  My concern is if I qualify under the definition of having "relevant experience".

During the past 10 years I have been self-employed as a coach, 4 to 5 of these years as full-time....HOWEVER, during the most recent years I have not worked full-time (just part-time) as a self-employed as a coach because I had my son and I undertook and passed a Bachelors degree (4yrs).  So taking into account the past 4-5 years, I do not think I will have enough hours during this timeframe, although I have worked as a self-employed coach for WAY more hours than required before giving birth and completing my studies.

So it seems like I have the actual real world experience, but because I'm now a mother and undertook further education the 5 year limit will prevent me from qualifying? Seems unjust! If I was male I might not have had this problem!!

Could "substitution of evaluation" come into play?
Janet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:21am
I think you have coordinate with the Arranged Employment under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
It may help you for the improvement of your employment. I hope for this success.
canadaimmigration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadaimmigration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:03am
You should consult with Immigration Lawyer for in-depth help. However, you have stated that you are a coach, so you don't need to have work permit visa; although if you are from a country that requires a visa to visit Canada, you must apply for a Temporary Resident Visa.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic