Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizenship change during PR application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aicaramba976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizenship change during PR application
    Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 3:23pm

Hello all,

I have been scouring the internet for advice and have been unsuccessful so I wanted to try your knowledge... I am currently in the process of obtaining a PR through my employer who also and obtained for me a 5 year working visa.  Because of my profession I have been able to apply for both visa and PR simultaneously.  However I have been forced to give up my primary citizenship in the next few months due to some personal non-legal reasons and am contemplating obtaining a st kitts citizenship by investment, which takes 3-4 months.  Does anybody know if changing citizenship during the PR application will cause my PR application to be revoked or rejected?  I am in a serious bind and would really really appreciate your help.  I'm in despair currently because I don't know if there is a solution..
Thank you thank you thank you.
Mr_Advisor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_Advisor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 5:08pm

Only problem could be if your PR application is being processed in the Country of your citizenship the one you are giving up, otherwise no problem just inform the visa officer about your changed circumstances.

Good Luck!  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic