Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IAD Appeal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IAD Appeal
    Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 7:07am
Became PR In Jan 2003.Returned to home country ( India) to sell proprties etc. Got stuck in homeland because of mother's illness. Went back to Canada in June 2004. Stayed for a month.Had to return again because firstly could not get a job in Canada and secondly mother became serious again. Went To canada again in Nov 2007 to get PR renewed. was told to write to CIC for PR renewal. PR card expired in Jan 2008.
CIC refused PR renewal
Filed case with IAD in Aug 2008.
Hearing to be held shortly.
Will I be able to get back my PR status on Humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
Pls. help
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 3:21pm
Hi

Originally posted by bunny bunny wrote:

Became PR In Jan 2003.Returned to home country ( India) to sell proprties etc. Got stuck in homeland because of mother's illness. Went back to Canada in June 2004. Stayed for a month.Had to return again because firstly could not get a job in Canada and secondly mother became serious again. Went To canada again in Nov 2007 to get PR renewed. was told to write to CIC for PR renewal. PR card expired in Jan 2008.
CIC refused PR renewal

Filed case with IAD in Aug 2008.

Hearing to be held shortly.

Will I be able to get back my PR status on Humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Pls. help

If you have only spend 5 months in Canada from the date of "landing" to Jan/08, unless you have a spouse/children in Canada you are probably going to have difficulty proving H.& C. grounds. This is especially true if you continued to work in India.
PMM
bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 2:53am
But wont the argument that " Why should the kids suffer" if the father had certain obligations and had to look after his mother work as H & C factors.Are there cases where they may refuse PR to the parents but allow the kids as now they are majors and were minors around 8 yrs back
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:25pm
Hi

Originally posted by bunny bunny wrote:

But wont the argument that " Why should the kids suffer" if the father had certain obligations and had to look after his mother work as H & C factors.Are there cases where they may refuse PR to the parents but allow the kids as now they are majors and were minors around 8 yrs back

If the kids didn't return after their first opportunity after becoming 18 then that doesn't usually cut any slack with the IAD. You may have had obligations to your mother, but I somehow doubt that she is/was ill for that long and there was no else to care for her.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic