Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spousal Sponsorship Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spousal Sponsorship Questions
    Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 4:49pm
          I have a few questions regarding the inland spousal sponsorship process. Here is my situation: I am a Canadian citizen to an American citizen who lives In Hawaii. He will be moving here to Canada in August and we will send in our spousal sponsorship application and open work permit application as soon as he gets here.
         There are a few things I am confused about, when is traveling here, what does he tell the border agent? Is he supposed to tell them he is just visiting?
          He did have a DUI about twelve years ago, I spoke with an immigration lawyer and was told that if it happened more than ten years ago he is considered rehabilitated, is that true? He is selling all of his possessions and moving to another country, so I would hate to find out after the fact that this would make him inadmissible to become a permanent resident.
           When he arrives and the border agent stamps his passport, is that considered a visitor visa? Is it good for 6 months? Does he need to apply for an extension before we file the sponsorship application?
           What are the average wait times for his open work permit to be approved when filed at the same time as the spousal sponsorship?
            If there is any other information that would be helpful to know, I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic