Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Certified Copies of Identity Documents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Certified Copies of Identity Documents
    Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:44pm
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen living in the US trying to apply for citizenship for my sons who were born in the US. The documentation list states that certified copies of their birth certificates are required. I also need to provide a certified copy of my birth certificate or citizenship certificate.

The application instructions point me to have these documents notarized but in the US, notaries cannot certify identification documents such as birth certificates and citizenship certificates.

I have extra originals of both son's birth certificates. From what I understand, these originals are considered certified copies, so I think I good to go with these documents.

I have only one original of my birth certificate and citizenship certificate. I don't want to send either of these documents because they will not be returned. Any advice? Should I just sned my citizenship certificate and order another copy?

Thanks in advance for advice/help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic