Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Student Visa application - family details

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetumz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Student Visa application - family details
    Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 3:27pm
Hey all,

I'm curious about a section on the student visa application form, and I was hoping to get some clarification on this. My brother is applying for a student visa. He has already been accepted by a university here. On the student form, there is a field where it asks for details on your family member if they have ever applied for a visitor/permanent resident permit, and to provide details on it. Does anyone have any idea what information they seek? Also, do they seek the most latest application details? Example, if I've visited Canada in the past so had visitor visa, but now I am a permanent resident, do they need both details, or just the most current status. Also, are they looking for a photocopy of your document or just the id no. etc?

Any help would be appreciated. 
visitor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote visitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:24am
Tell your brother to disclose all the information about you
manila visa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manila visa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by visitor visitor wrote:

Tell your brother to disclose all the information about you

what's the reason behind for disclosing all the information about TS?
jiawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 11:35pm
if ur brother is applying for a student visa and u are a permanent resident of canada ask him not to disclose ur status to visa officer or on the application form , there is no way they can find this unless u provide them with these details.. and if ur brother tell them that u are in canada on PR then it will b hard for him to prove ties to home country and visa officer will think that his sole purpuse is not study but to settle in canada.... i hope u got my point. ask him donot mention anything abt u or in of ur family member who travel to canada.
<<<<< DO OR DIE >>>>>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic