Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apply for Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toobrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apply for Renewal
    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 1:57pm
My PR expires in March 2018 and I am thinking about applying for renewal. My question is, how late can I wait to apply for renewal? Can I go ahead and apply for renewal in August 2018? 

I live in US and my wife is a Canadian Citizen
Zahid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 7:36am
Hello all,
I applied for my PR renewal on August 2017 and they asked for additional documents later on and I submitted all. They accepted my application and on Jan 2018 I checked my application status and it said decision has been made and I contacted with them over phone and they said your PR is approved and u will get it through ur local Saskatoon office but till now I didn’t get any mail from the local office and it’s about more than 08 weeks after decision has been made. Now what can I do?
Zahid
Saskatoon
caniwifitness43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caniwifitness43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:11pm
Hi I am renewing my PR card which expires in June and I am would like to know if the questions asked are for the 5 years of holding a PR card? 

Immigration History 

Have you ever been issued a deportation order while in Canada? 

has a Immigration Officer ever issued you a Report Under Subsection 44(1) or made a decision that you have not met residency obligations required of a Canadian Permanent Residents?

Are these questions for while holding PR for 5 years?

Thanks
Liz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic