Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inside Canada PR how long to wait

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anetti27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inside Canada PR how long to wait
    Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:43am
Hi, I applied for my family sponsorship PR 14 months ago from Canada and still no news. When I check the status online it says "Application Received". 
I've tried to send them messages throuh online form, and tried to call - without any success.
Is there any way to contact them and check why the status has not been changed for more than a year?

Thank you!

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:23pm
Hi

Originally posted by Anetti27 Anetti27 wrote:

Hi, I applied for my family sponsorship PR 14 months ago from Canada and still no news. When I check the status online it says "Application Received". 
I've tried to send them messages throuh online form, and tried to call - without any success.
Is there any way to contact them and check why the status has not been changed for more than a year?

Thank you!

1/ If you applied prior to 07/Dec/16 the processing time is 26 months, if after, 12 months. If it is the later you should order GCMS notes to see if there is a problem.
PMM
HKLM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:46am
check to request ATIP.
if you are not getting phone answers...
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:48pm
If you applied for a spousal sponsorship after December 07, 2016, the processing time is approximately 12 months. If you still haven't heard anything, you should request the case notes through ATIP in order to see why the application is taking so long. Note that inland sponsorship applications take longer to process and therefore it would explain why your application was not yet fully processed.

If you applied for parents and grandparents sponsorship, they are currently working on applications received in January 2014.
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic