Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reapplying for PR Through Express Entry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reapplying for PR Through Express Entry
    Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:09am
Hi everyone, my query is that if I am unable to meet the residency requirement for Permanent Residence and if I lose my status will I be able to re-apply for PR again (given current laws etc.). If yes, then does the fact that I lost the PR status due to unmet residency obligation have any negative bearing on the new PR application? If you answer, can you please mention the source (CIC website etc.) or whether your answer is based on the fact that since the CIC does not specifically mentions this case it implies that having lost previous PR status has no implication on a new application.

PS: I understand that one does not lose status automatically if the residency requirement is not met, but my question is for the scenario where one does lose the status.

Thanks!
SS
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 8:39pm
You will need to first voluntarily renounce your PR status and then you will be able reapply for PR. Based on experience, it should not have any negative impact on your new application.
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic