Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post-ITA Work References & Proof of Funds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starcad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post-ITA Work References & Proof of Funds
    Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 8:45pm
Hello everyone,
I have a complicated case, please help. Got ITA last week.
My concern is my Work experience & proof of funds. My NOC for EE was 1215 - Supervisor Supply Chain, tracking & Scheduling of which I have 5years experience in. but I lost my job January 2017 & became self employed since then, it is my company and it is registered.

My question is this, do I need to submit references for my self employed job? Most of the jobs I did during this self employed period were not documented, so I may not be able to get bank references, invoices & sales/ transaction receipts etc to upload online on my ITA profile. If I leave it out and base my ITA document work references on my NOC selection for ITA alone, is there any implication in doing that? Meanwhile, my EE profile reads my 1year self employed job and the 5years NOC 1215.

Furthermore, I just got a new job to resume 1st week in January 2018, do I need to update this new role in my ITA profile before I submit? The issue is that I only have the employment letter and cannot go to ask the HR of this new establishment for additional reference to Canadian immigration, I am just resuming there and do not want to raise any red flag or risk losing this new managerial job.

For Proof of funds, is there any harm in getting 100% gift as proof of funds from my father? I know gifts are allowed by my concern is the 100% of the funds because due to the job loss, my 6months statement can not make sense.

Please respond please, please, please. I plan to submit my ITA profile by January ending
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:08am
You do not need to submit proof of your self-employed, or new job work experience if it is not declared in the employment section, as it will not be taken into consideration by the authorities for the purpose of the program. You will need to declare this information in the personal history section.

For proof of funds, you must show that you have unencumbered funds to settle in Canada. If the funds are a donation, it must be official and you must present documentation proving that the funds are given to you with no further obligations (not a loan). The decision to accept your documentation regarding proof of funds is at the discretion of the authorities.
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
starcad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starcad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 9:25am
I already declared all work experiences both in Personal history and Work experience pages during EE before I got ITA.
Is it okay I remove irrelevant work experiences to HISTORY and just leave the one I need points for which is the 5years after this ITA recieved?

My fear is - I hope shifting work experiences to Personal history after recieving ITA does not affect the application & wont raise any red flag & ultimately dismissal.

Is it okay for my past employee to address work experience reference as TO-WHOM-IT MAY-CONCERN or must it be specific to the Visa office?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic