Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PNP document submission questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PNP document submission questions
    Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:42pm
Hi friends,
    I want to submit a formal application to PNP so that they can evaluate my candidature. I have few questions on this PNP document submission. Anyone can please share their expertise.

1. Education:
Provide supporting documentation for the highest level of education completed, if required for the stream you are applying through.
Question: When I have to provide supporting documents for education: 
do I have to send just WES documents? Or do I have to submit marksheets ? And transcripts? 
Should this be attested (by notary) and scanned? or just scanned?

2. Work Experience:
Provide reference letters to support the minimum required work experience for the stream that you are applying through.
Question:Is this experience letters (on company letter head, but not as per CIC format) or reference letter (not in company letter head but by a supervisor on a stamp paper, as per CIC format)?
The problem is, my company policy prohibits them for giving letters in format for immigration purpose.
In that case can I get my supervisor sign a document which is on stamp paper and notarize it (its a legal document) of course I will also be sending the format which company can give.

3. General 
Question: Is there any scanning resolution for documents. Like say greater and 300 DPI (Dots per inch)

4. Settlement Funds:
Proof of settlement funds available, per the minimum guidelines of the stream you are applying through.
Question: Does this have to be signed & stamped by Bank authorities? or just colored scans of account statement will do.

5. Settlement Plan:
Question: What should be written in the Settlement plan: Any Sample?

Appreciate any help in this regard.

Regards,
KGK

colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 10:00pm
1. Education: You should submit your WES, a copy of the diploma(s) evaluated and copies of the complete transcripts for each. Depending on the PNP you are applying to, you should refer to the application guide and document checklist to determine if certified copies or originals are requested.

2. Work experience: You must provide an employment confirmation letter from the supervisor or Human Resources Officer printed on company letterhead.
Your letter should indicate the following:
• Your job titles and dates of employment;
• At least 5 main duties/responsibilities;
• The number of hours you worked each week;
• Annual salary; and
• The contact information of your supervisor or manager.
If any of the above information is missing from your employment letter, you bear the risk that your work experience will not be accepted and the application may be refused.

If you are unable to provide the document as per the requirements, provide both letters you have, as well as your employment contract, pay slips, etc. and make sure that your documents reflect the information requested, including your duties.

3. General: The ID picture should be at least 600 DPI. There is no specific resolution for the other documents, but they must be easily readable on a computer screen, not blurry, cropped, cut, etc.

4. Settlement funds: You should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans. Some PNP also request bank statements, please refer to the application guide and document checklist to determine if this is the case.

5. Settlement Plan: Your settlement plan should be written by taking into consideration the stream under which you are applying as well as the PNP. Most of the PNP provide guides, forms and specific instructions regarding their settlement plans, please refer to the PNP guide and instructions. You can read more about the different Provincial Nominee Programs and their requirements here: http://www.immigration.ca/canada-provincial-nominee-immigration-programs-overview/
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
KGK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 6:14pm
Many Thanks Colin.
Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas
KGK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 6:17pm
Had one more followup question.
While submission of documents post EOI, if the authorities know that you are working (on a WP) in a province other then PEI, then will it be disadvantages for me? Since they might think that I may not move to PEI?

How do they PEI authorities check that I'm working in PEI or making attempts to work and settle in PEI? 

Thanks,
KGK
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:52am
If you are working in another province, PEI might ask you to prove your intention to reside in the province. They may also verify if you are working in the province by requesting information from you. As for making attempts to work and settle in PEI, they may request some proof such as proof that you applied for jobs, etc.

Please read more about intention to settle and mobility here: http://www.immigration.ca/mobility-rights-of-canadian-permanent-residents-under-provincial-immigration-programs/

Please read our editorials on this program:

http://www.immigration.ca/p-e-s-100-ownership-stream-face-federal-government-scrutiny/

Please also note that this program will be changing shortly:

http://www.immigration.ca/p-e-s-business-impact-program-move-expression-interest/
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic