Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to count family unit when sponsoring parents
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to count family unit when sponsoring parents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to count family unit when sponsoring parents
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 11:13am
I am planning to sponsor my mom to Canada in 2018, I have a question in regards to how to count the family unit.

So I was in Canada in 2014 Dec as a permanent resident, and I was married at that time, but I was separated with my ex-husband in Mar 2017,and got my divorce paper in Sep 2017, so my question would be, since I was
divorced, if I am sponsoring my mom next year, how do I count the family unit in 2015 and 2016?

I am only sponsoring my mom (father passed away a while back ago), so how do I count the family unit in 2015 and 2016? Do I still include my ex husband as a family unit in 2015 and 2016? Or i only count 2 (mom and I) in 2015, 2016 and 2017?( my T4 in 2015 and 2016 shows my marriage status as married.)

the reason i am asking is because I don't meet financial eligibility if I count 3 family unit in 2015, but I do meet the eligibility if I only count as 2.

anyone is able to help or give some suggestions? much appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic