Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Continue staying in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manukind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Continue staying in Canada
    Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 1:23pm
Hi everyone, I am making this post on behalf of my sister who is very worried about her stay in Canada. 

Here's the background:

She went to Canada on a student visa in July 2008, and graduated in June 2009.

In August 2008, she got a post graduate work permit, whcih si valid only till August 2009. Right now she has not been able to find work which can help her stay on beyond the coming August something known as a LMO). If this doesn't happen she'll have to come back to India on or before August 20, 2009. She's tryign realy hard t get a regular job, but hasn't had any luck so far. 

In Sept 2004, she also applied for permanent immigration and is waiting for the process to complete. In last December, she even updated her immigration case file and sent it to the authorities. 

Would really appreciate if anyone can suggest on how she should proceed. The thing is that she worked really hard to achieve all this, just the thought of going back to India is casing her a lot of trauma. 

If more information is needed to better understand this query, then please do let me know what exactly is required, and I shall post it immediately. 
krisp View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:23pm
Even if she fails to continue to be in Canada with her present status , I don't think she should be worried much. As a 2004 FSW applicant from Delhi , here case will be cleared within 2010 and she can go again. With a post graduate qualification form a Canadian University, her points should not be problems either.

If she feels so much traumatic to leave Canada at this point, very few people can advice you a better tip to overcome this situation. She is already there and is in better position to find a way out. Good luck though !
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic