Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Incomplete name on PR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSAPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Incomplete name on PR
    Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 8:27am

Dear All,

I would be soon moving to Canada sometime late this year with my family. I already have mine and family PR and SIN card from my first visit when I landed in Toronto on April 2008 stayed for couple of weeks and returned back to my homeland. 

My query is that on my son’s PR card his full name is not complete. However on his card , Family name and First name is correct and complete (his SIN card shows full complete name). I have read on CIC website that max characters allowed on the PR card is 20. Will there be any issue on this discrepancy at the POE into Canada.

Thanking everyone in advance for their expert advice and opinion.

Kind Regards,

SUR  

IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 8:09pm
So what part of his name is missing? Middle name?
"My query is that on my son’s PR card his full name is not complete. However on his card , Family name and First name is correct and complete (his SIN card shows full complete name)"
Either way, CBSA at the POE is aware that there is a limit on the characters on a PR card (and just about any identification for that matter)

Originally posted by KSAPR KSAPR wrote:

Dear All,

I would be soon moving to Canada sometime late this year with my family. I already have mine and family PR and SIN card from my first visit when I landed in Toronto on April 2008 stayed for couple of weeks and returned back to my homeland. 

My query is that on my son’s PR card his full name is not complete. However on his card , Family name and First name is correct and complete (his SIN card shows full complete name). I have read on CIC website that max characters allowed on the PR card is 20. Will there be any issue on this discrepancy at the POE into Canada.

Thanking everyone in advance for their expert advice and opinion.

Kind Regards,

SUR  

Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
KSAPR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSAPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 3:31am
Dear IslandGirl,

Thanks for your propmt and encouraging clarification. Yes you are right my son's middle name is incomplete which are only 2 characters and are missing on the card. He has long name!  The Family and his first name is complete and correct on the PR card.  I hope there is no issue as per your expereince.

Have a nice day and take care.

Cheers,

SUR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic