Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Second Background checks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Second Background checks
    Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 6:25am
Hi All

On a different forum today, i read that someone was told that they are doing a second background checks and i am wondering fi it is possible for a second background checks after the first one hs been completed and everything was fine.

This is very strange and would be interesting to hear what your views and thoughts are.

This is the story-
Yesterday I called the IO is in charge of my husband's case (the IO that conducted my husband's interview, which was over a year ago), he told me that a year ago, after the interview, he sent the file for a routine background check and that he had expected that in June of 2009 that the visa would have been issued.  The routine background check was fine; however, in June 2009 when the application was up for a decision, the decision that was made was to send it in for a second background check.  Up until now we're still waiting for the results of the second background check.  My question is why send it in for a second background check when the first one was okay?  And, how long, on average, do second background checks take?  As well, who make the decision to send the file back for another background check -- is it the IO in charge of the case or someone else???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic