Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[question] First PR card hasn't been issued

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [question] First PR card hasn't been issued
    Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:37am

I just landed in Canada for the first time. However, I left Canada before I received the PR card. After 2months, I received a letter from the PR Card department that I have to retake the photo in Vancouver.

The problem is I am now in Australia completing my PhD and I can’t go back to Canada without a PR card.

Questions:

1. Is that OK to tell the truth to the concerning department?
  2. Should I apply a visa to Canada in order to take a photo then leave again?
  3. Will I lose my PR status?

thanks

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 7:52pm
1. Always be honest
2. Apply for PR Travel Document at nearest Cdn embassy
3. No, but make sure you are familiar with residency obligations as a PR.

All info is available on CIC website. Check CIC website for details
stn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 9:35pm
thanks Canvis :)
ecs View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 11:20am
I had to go through a similar situation in 2004. 2 months after landing, I was asked to go to local CIC to get the picture retaken as the picture I had taken during the application did not meet the standards. However I could not go to local CIC since I was in another province and eventually was outside Canada for a short term.
In my case, I was able to enter Canada without a Travel Document and I believe after one year, I showed up at a local CIC office to get the picture taken.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic