Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Linking ETA application to GCkey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramvi52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Linking ETA application to GCkey
    Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 9:25am
I applied for the ETA since I hold a New Zealand passport.  When I applied, I was asked if I was refused a visa so I checked yes since I was refused a visa when I held an Indian passport.  I received an automated email from CIC saying that I should link my application to the GC key and submit the required documents.  However every time I try to link the both, I get a message that the application details I am entering do not match any application.  I know this is an error in the system.  I have been trying every day to link the two but in vain. 

I was wondering if I applied for another ETA and this time instead of checking a yes to the same question, I could check a no.  Not sure if this would automatically direct the system to create a more favorable response.  Where the comments are required, I could write that I haven't been refused a visa under the current passport but only under the previous one.  This way I would be telling the truth and at the same time also avoiding the automatic glitch in the system. 

Any advice?
Kramvi52
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:54pm
You should answer "yes" to the visa denial question, stating "no" would be misrepresentation.

You are having difficulties linking your ETA because the details were probably entered wrongly by the officer. At the moment, you can:

1- Send your additional documents and request via Case specific enquiry using this link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

2- Call CIC using the number for your country of residence through this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/contact/international.html

3- On your GC Key account, submit a technical difficulty request with screen shots explaining the situation.
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
Kramvi52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramvi52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 5:29pm
Thanks Colin for your advice.  I was able to link the application to my GCkey.  I saw the documents and submitted them.  Within a couple of hours, I got an email saying my ETA was approved.  

By the way it seems that the documents and my purpose of visit were not read.  They were quick to send me the approval.  For all I know it could have been automated and that no live person actually read it.  Do they retain these in the system and match them to the people's statements when they arrive?
Kramvi52
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic