Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR status

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manoogujjari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR status
    Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:48am
Hi
I need serious suggestions.
I have applied for renewal of my PR card. I have received report 44(1) indicating that I don't meet the resident obligation. From March 2016, I am here in Canada. Till today my total number of days is 570 plus. My question is that the days I spent after issue of report will be calculated when I will be interviewed for next time with Minister Delegates or not.
62 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations says following :
Calculation — residency obligation

62 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the calculation of days under paragraph 28(2)(a) of the Act in respect of a permanent resident does not include any day after
(a) a report is prepared under subsection 44(1) of the Act on the ground that the permanent resident has failed to comply with the residency obligation; or
(b) a decision is made outside of Canada that the permanent resident has failed to comply with the residency obligation.
Marginal note:Exception

(2) If the permanent resident is subsequently determined to have complied with the residency obligation, subsection (1) does not apply.
Can Minister Delegates give me a admonition and resume my status or issue a removal order.
Regards

Mango

Mustafacan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafacan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:51am
Hi

I am in similar situations. I received the report too in July 2017 and also I received 1 yr PR Card in August.

Just waiting for the interview from Minister Delegate. I dint satisfy RO as I stayed only for 1 yr inn5 years time due to my health problems.

When did you receive the report? Did they call for interview?

Thank You

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic