Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Graduate Work Permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Graduate Work Permit
    Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 7:14pm
I am in Canada on a Study Permit finishing my college diploma in Marketing in August 2010. In order to obtain the Post Graduate Work Permit, do I need to have a job offer? My TRV is valid up until January 2010.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 7:26pm
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp
visitor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote visitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 10:41pm
Hi there,

You do not need a job offer in order to apply for a PG WP. What you need is the following:

-you must have studied full-time and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least 8 months
-you must apply for a WP within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from your institution (for example, a transcript or an official letter) indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program
-you must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate
-you must have a valid Study Permit when you apply for the PG WP

A WP under this program cannot be valid for longer than the student's study program.

Hope it helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic