Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PR Card expired as minor can I renew it as adult
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR Card expired as minor can I renew it as adult

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crayonmath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR Card expired as minor can I renew it as adult
    Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:41am
Hi guys, so my case is that I got my pr card when I was 9 , we stayed for 2 months in the 5 years and chose for it to expire. now I have an expired pr card in my history. to re-enter Canada, as an undergraduate student who wants to live in Canada forever. my guess is to apply for a travel document to re-enter Canada as a permanent resident. that application would be rejected, and I would have to appeal. my questions are:
  1. is this the exact procedure to re enter Canada as a pr. 
  2. if yes, will they accept my appeal (I was a minor when my pr card expired and was with my parents and not in control of my parent's decisions)
  3. will they accept my travel document appeal as they usually give a pr to people after they get jobs, not when they go simply for their undergrad course
  4. if they reject it, can I renounce my pr status, go on a study visa, and get the pr some years later (when I get a job)?
Please reply fast guys, this is urgent. thanks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic