Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Eligibility of Concurrent Masters and Full-Time Em
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eligibility of Concurrent Masters and Full-Time Em

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhsanMemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eligibility of Concurrent Masters and Full-Time Em
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:34am
My entire working experience of 3 years spans over the time when I was an enrolled full-time student at a Masters Program at an institution. The work continues even after I have completed my Masters.

Am I eligible to quote 3 years work experience and a Masters degree in the same years in my FSW Express Entry Profile. I am not sure whether I am able to quote work experience while a full time student. 

To the best of my knowledge, the Canadian Immigration Law doesn't say anything about NOT working while studying for foreign students and employees. It forbids such practice ONLY for ECE applicants with Canadian Experience.

Does anyone else seem to have received a PPR with the condition above?
/ Ahsan
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:15pm
You should indicate the work experience and education to reflect your situation accurately. Declaring anything that is not truthful or omitting information will be considered misrepresentation which can lead to your PR refusal and a ban from Canada for 5 years. If when you were studying full-time, you were also working, you must indicate this as well as the hours worked. For example if you only worked 15 hours/week while studying, this must be indicated.
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic