Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help me about selecting my NOC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopefuldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me about selecting my NOC
    Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 5:32am
Hello, there i am reading all those stuff people are writing but currently i cant answer any since i am new. I am working for more than 5 years as a Police Officer (Lietunant) in the Federal Police unit of my country. I want to apply as an express entry profile however i have a problem with selecting the right NOC.

The problem is though, my title is as a comissioned police officer (Police Lietunant) and although i work in the police departments, i have never ever worked as a police officer as mentioned in the NOC code of 0431 Comissioned Police Officers.

Because I have been hired as a Finance Police officer, my job is basically managing administrative tasks; such as managing clerks who are paying benefits and salaries, managing clerks paying equipments,  utilities, food, dresses, Social Security Payments, pension funds according to effective law. So i am managing around 10 guys who are doing all these payment stuff and i am responsible as a manager of this finance unit who are responsible with financing the Police section of more than thousands of people.

As you see my tasks are not related to any of those mentioned in Commisioned Police Officers but it is more about Finance Managers or Human Resources Managers. So should i select as my NOC 0431 Comissioned Police Officers? or the one with 0111 Finance Managers? or the one with 0112 Humans Resources Management? a help is greatly appreciated since it can help to other people who are having the same problems with their conflicting NOCs as well.

And another small bonus question, what if my application is refused because of the NOC does not fit into my work experience? A little help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance. 
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 9:33am
Selecting the correct occupation is an important issue for all applicants. The task cannot be generalized with a one size fits all response. Every case including yours, requires careful insight and consideration of all factors, including case law decisions from the Federal Court.

In addition to selecting the correct occupation, an applicant must have fully descriptive written letters of employment for each employer. This is an issue which many applicants overlook. An applicant who submits an express entry profile and receives an ITA does not infer the application will succeed at the submission stage. Applicants who cannot support their employment for the occupation claimed, will be refused.

In instances where an applicant has an employment background which raises these types of issues, a licensed immigration lawyer with extensive experience could prove to be an important consideration.

If you require further insight, please contact me - [email protected]
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic