Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

medical exams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote florc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: medical exams
    Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:47pm

Hi all! I am writing you since I have recently received an invitation to apply to the permanent residency - express entry. As requested, I need to undertake a medical exam in order to submit a complete application to CIC. However, I´m having an issue when requesting an appointment for my wife, does she requires an UMI number or she needs to wait 30 days to receive a form from the government of Canada? 

I tried calling BUPA medical visa services and they were able to generate the require medical number for me, but not for my wife. They argued that I need to call immigration Canada in order to ask for my wife medical number.

Does anyone know how I need to proceed??

Thanks!!!

Gonzalo

Edited by florc - 25 May 2017 at 6:48pm
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 9:56am
Upfront medical exams (UFM) must be done before submission of a permanent residence application when submitted online with an ITA.

The ITA letter must be shown to the panel physician and the exams must be performed without the need for the authorities to send a request. Panel physicians are provided with UFM forms (IMM1017B) for paper medical results and also have the procedure to do upfront medical exams via eMedical. The UMI - Unique Medical Identifier will be included on these documents, provided by the panel physician.

If your panel physician is not aware of the procedures for completion of the upfront medical exam - ITA online PR applications, we recommend that you contact another panel physician as this issue could cause you lengthy delays.

Edited by colin - 05 Jun 2017 at 9:56am
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic