Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Study Permit Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aktas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Study Permit Problem
    Posted: 29 May 2010 at 10:55pm
Hi guy
I have a big problem with my study permit.
I m a student in Toronto and i came here 5 weeks ago. When i was in my country i got both Student Visa(s-1) and study permit approval. But after arrived to Canada, no body asked me a question and i entered directly from custom. But a few days ago i learn from my course i have a problem about my study permit. when i checked my passport i couldn't see any information about entered to canada, like entered stamp or resident expired date and i didn' t get my student permit document. But i need this document because i want to extend it.
So after this time can i get my study permit document? I have a Study permit approval: Letter of Introduction and i have reference number for study permit.

Edited by aktas - 29 May 2010 at 10:57pm
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:19pm
Go to immigration and bring the letter you received together with your visa. Are you from a country whose citizens do not need visas to enter Canada?

Originally posted by aktas aktas wrote:

<font size="2" color="#000000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,   sans-serif">Hi guyI have a big problem with my study permit. I m a student in Toronto and i came here 5 weeks ago. When i was in
my country i got both Student Visa(s-1) and study permit approval.
But after arrived to Canada, no body asked me a question and i entered
directly from custom. But a few days ago i learn from my course i have a
problem about my study permit. when i checked my passport i couldn't
see any information about entered to canada, like entered stamp or
resident expired date and i didn' t get my student permit document. But i
need this document because i want to extend it.So after this time can i
get my study permit document? I have a Study permit approval: Letter
of Introduction and i have reference number for study permit.

"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
aktas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aktas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 3:02pm
Unfortunately; my country's citizens need visa for enter to Canada and i have multiple entry visa for enter canada. I want to go to a CBSA(Canada Border Service Agency) which is in the Pearson airport. What is your ideas, can they give me my study permit issue?
jiawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 11:51pm

how is that possible that u enterd a country without getting any stamp at the airport , this is totally impossible , i mean u cant enter a country unless immigaration officer check ur passport and give u a entry stamp... if it happens first they are going to question ur status in canada coz they never gonna beleive u that u come to canada legally.. so be prepare for alot of questions.

<<<<< DO OR DIE >>>>>
aktas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aktas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 4:32pm
yes you are right it is impossible but not for me :) anyway i called the airport immigration office and they said it was impossible but they couldnt do anythink. and officer recommended to go to niagara border. i went to niagara they checked my status then i crossed the bridge i took a paper from usa immigration then i came back to canadian immigration office. they gave my issue :) and they didnt ask any question.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic