Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Okay now I am scared! IMPORTANT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Okay now I am scared! IMPORTANT
    Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:47pm
Are they really changing the rules so that you can't sponsor your spouse?

I really really really hope that isn't true.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
bm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:50pm
dont think .. this is true.
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:09pm
How does everyone else feel about what that person posted?

Also, what is up with their email address being so close to my username? lol
INLAND!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:11pm
Ok lets look at this, if the law was to be changed it would have to go through parliment, it would then need to be passed into law, something of which would take time.
Please remember that we live in a democracy and also remember that Canada is one of the countries signed into the international human rights agreement which includes ones right to family.
There is no way this would pass and if I was wrong it would certainly take time.
On top of that if the law changed today anyones application that was already in would still be dealt with under the old rules.
Someone has their issues mixed up, the government is keeping this all hush hush but tells someone secret information because she is pregnent and has been bothering them on a daily basis? I think not.
Also this user registered seconds before she put the 1st post. Her situation is more complicated, from what I can gather she is trying to sponsor her husband from outside Canada with no intention of residing in Canada. I think she has her wires crossed. If this was an issue the media would have been on it already and someone on here would have heard about it. Nor is it anywhere within any search of google.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:26pm
You are right. That does sound very suspicious that they would tell one person secret information but won't tell anyone else.

And plus isn't it like Canada's motto about how important family reunification is?
If it was to be true I can see that there would be a HUGE debate over if and would cause a lot of controversy.

Thank you redeagle for making me feel more relaxed about the issue. I was seriously about to cry because I love my partner so much and if this was to happen, my life would feel destroyed.
INLAND!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:31pm
Just keep smiling gal :)
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:45pm
Haha I certainly will.
That made me smile just reading that. :)
INLAND!
hguilding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hguilding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 10:58am
yeah thank you for the reassurance. I read the ladies post and got very scared! i am not getting married till the end of january so haven't submitted anything yet. And i hear you Helen, the thought of not being able to be with my future husband is the worst thought in the world! He arrives in the UK next week, we have been in different countries for the last 5 months!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic