Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

problem with Annex A checklist background

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modakir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem with Annex A checklist background
    Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 1:38pm
Hello!

I hope someone help me  , i lived one year in UK , i was 7 months in  legal situation and 5 months illegal , i am in morocco( my coubtry ) now and i have police certificate from uk i it'is clean ( no trace ).

i want to start to apply with my wife, just first i want to know the information , can i apply now to canada with (visa sponsorship )  ?please.

there will be no problem with overstay ?

thank you

colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:46pm
Depending on the type of a Canada immigration application that you wish to submit, the impact of your overstay in the UK might be greater or lesser. For example, if you are applying for permanent residency to Canada under Express Entry, your overstay might not have an impact on the application. However, if you are applying for temporary status such as a Canada work visa or Canada study visa, your application might be refused as the authorities might not be willing to grant a temporary status to someone that has overstayed a temporary visa in another country. This is highly discretionary for the officer to assess.
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic