Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Statutory Declaration Letters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:21pm
It might only be obvious to you as you know his style so well.

But I honestly don't see it being an issue. She signed it as proof that she believes it
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:35pm
I did contact an notary public and they said the person signing doesnt have to be the person that wrote it, as long as its a true statement and they believe it to be true! But wasnt sure how true this is!
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
diddagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diddagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 12:45am
Originally posted by britincanada britincanada wrote:

I did contact an notary public and they said the person signing doesnt have to be the person that wrote it, as long as its a true statement and they believe it to be true! But wasnt sure how true this is!

Funny enough I wrote my bf's sisters letter, my best friends, my moms AND most of my boyfriends. I am just far better then words with them, and as long as the person attests to the statement, its all good!
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 1:23am
Yep, that is correct. When the person signs it at the bottom, they are making it legally binding that what is written in there is true. Even if someone else wrote the words, the person who signs the bottom is basically saying, "Yes, this is my story as I know it and it is true and I will sign my name to prove this is not false because by signing my name, I know that I would be in trouble with the law if it was false."
Peachy
mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 1:14pm
To make an even stronger support of the letters/statutory of declarations, if available, provide CIC photos of the sponsor and applicant with these individivuals providing the letters/statutory of declarations.   That's what I did with mine and it was all good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic