Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Police clearance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pranvayu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police clearance
    Posted: 26 May 2010 at 9:55am

Please can someone confirm if a police clearance / check is required if a person has lived in another country since the age of 18 for over 6 months?

I have lived in the US (on green card) between the age of 13 - 25 but am presently living in India.  (will be moving to the UK shortly as well)

I wanted to know if I should procure a police certificate or clearance form from the US before applying for Canadian skilled immigration visa?

Any help will be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your input.

Cherers
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 1:49pm
At some point in the process, yes, the primary applicant and all family members included in the application over 18 must provide police clearance certificates for every country (other than Canada) in which they have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18. Police certificates are not, however, part of the first batch of forms and documents the applicant submits . . . they will need to be sent if the application is referred for further assessment when the applicant submits the full application to the appropriate Visa Office.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic