Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spousal Sponsorship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougpup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spousal Sponsorship
    Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 2:07pm
Hello and hoping for some guidance please. I am a Canadian married and living in Germany and we would like to move back to Canada. 

We have a 4 year old child and I have not worked for the last 5 years since being in Germany. My husband has been supporting us. Will this affect my ability to sponsor him? The form asks for the last 5 years of work experience and income.

hmt411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmt411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 3:34am
From my, very limited, understanding, you can still apply and show any proof that you can support him financially. You can be not working for 5 years but if you are receiving some kind of dividend or passive income or if you are very wealthy then I think you can still sponsor him. Will it affect your ability, yes it will. But it doesn't mean that they'll turn your application down just because you haven't been working for 5 years.

As long as you and your husband have never received any government assistance, and as long as you can proof them you have what it takes to financially support him, and that you can convince them that you will be living in Canada once the PR is approved, then go for it. Good luck!
cougpup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougpup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 4:58am
Hi and thank you for your reply. Will they be asking for this proof at a later date? The initial form does not have a field to explain all of this. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic