Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can parent sponsorship be cancelled?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexCh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can parent sponsorship be cancelled?
    Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:16pm
I am a new resident. I got my residenship by my father and it was a complicated situation. We were in the process for years and he listed me as a dependent child, but since the process took so long I'm 20 now. I got the residenship in February and my PR card on April when I finally traveled to Canada. Now I live here but the things with my father are not very good since he has a lot of problems with his wife and I don't feel comfortable so I want to go live alone. I work and can pay for my own stuff. But when I talked to him about the situation he threatened with taking away my residenship. So my question is if he can do that. I got my pr card about 8 months ago and I really need to figure this out. I hope you can help me out

Edited by AlexCh1 - 07 Nov 2016 at 9:17pm
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 2:10pm
Hi

Originally posted by AlexCh1 AlexCh1 wrote:

I am a new resident. I got my residenship by my father and it was a complicated situation. We were in the process for years and he listed me as a dependent child, but since the process took so long I'm 20 now. I got the residenship in February and my PR card on April when I finally traveled to Canada. Now I live here but the things with my father are not very good since he has a lot of problems with his wife and I don't feel comfortable so I want to go live alone. I work and can pay for my own stuff. But when I talked to him about the situation he threatened with taking away my residenship. So my question is if he can do that. I got my pr card about 8 months ago and I really need to figure this out. I hope you can help me out

1. He can't take away your residency as you are now a PR. You can move out and live on your own if you wish.
2. Although if you end up claiming welfare, he would be responsible for repaying those funds back to the Province where you reside.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic