Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change of Surname for Spouses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veraux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change of Surname for Spouses
    Posted: 16 May 2010 at 10:22pm
Hi!  I just have a couple questions and I hope someone could give me some advice.

My wife and I are here in Canada and we are planning to renew our passports.  We've been married for 2 years but my wife haven't used my surname officially on all legal documents..  So she still has her maiden name on her PR card and passports.  Now that she will be renewing her passport, she will now be using my surname.  Upon receiving our new passports, she will be applying for a renewal of the PR card, so as to update the surname and be matched with her passport. 

We are planning to travel anytime before Christmas this year.  If in case, she still haven't received her updated PR card (with the new surname), will there be any problems if she will sill use her old card with her maiden name on it?  How long do PR card renewal usually take?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic