Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR card timeline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR card timeline
    Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 8:14am
Hi guys,
I have few question below:
1) do I need to fill any form and send back to CIC once my mother landed to Canada as immigrant?
2) if the above form is not required how long normally it will take to get PR card?
3) is it possible to Travil back home and come back to Canada if you don't have PR card? (Can she Travil on Record of landing paper)
4) is there any way I can find out the status on PR card for my mother?

I would be very thank full for your feedback, my mother landed to Canada on May 1st and now it's almost 3 month and I am curious to know how long it will take to get her PR card
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 2:09pm
Hi

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Hi guys,
I have few question below:
1) do I need to fill any form and send back to CIC once my mother landed to Canada as immigrant?
2) if the above form is not required how long normally it will take to get PR card?
3) is it possible to Travil back home and come back to Canada if you don't have PR card? (Can she Travil on Record of landing paper)
4) is there any way I can find out the status on PR card for my mother?

I would be very thank full for your feedback, my mother landed to Canada on May 1st and now it's almost 3 month and I am curious to know how long it will take to get her PR card

1/ No, the officer at the border/airport completed the PR application when she "landed"
2/ Posted processing time is 41 days + mail
3/ No, she would require a PR Travel document to return.
4/ No, as it won't be in the system until it is printed.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic