Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I do freelance and part time with visitor visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I do freelance and part time with visitor visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopy_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I do freelance and part time with visitor visa
    Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 10:33am
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and new to Canada. I apologize if this subject repeats in this forum but couldn't find with search.

I arrived as a visitor in Canada a month ago. My husband got work permit for three years and I come to visit him. As his spouse I applied for open work permit inside Canada and a process will take about three months. I want to know can I work something until I got work permit. I know that I can't have full time job and contract job, but what about freelance, or some additional job. I saw lot of  ads for freelance and additional part-time jobs. Can I apply for them? I am web and software developer and I worked in my country in company and as a freelancer like additional job and didn't have problems. Can somebody explain me how that things work here?

How for example internship programs operate? Can I do some internship? 

I really want to do something but don't want to risk my long term staying here. I want to work to meet people, make contacts...

I hope someone can help me with those questions. Thank you!

Edited by snoopy_15 - 12 Jul 2016 at 10:35am
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:57pm
HI

Originally posted by snoopy_15 snoopy_15 wrote:

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and new to Canada. I apologize if this subject repeats in this forum but couldn't find with search.

I arrived as a visitor in Canada a month ago. My husband got work permit for three years and I come to visit him. As his spouse I applied for open work permit inside Canada and a process will take about three months. I want to know can I work something until I got work permit. I know that I can't have full time job and contract job, but what about freelance, or some additional job. I saw lot of  ads for freelance and additional part-time jobs. Can I apply for them? I am web and software developer and I worked in my country in company and as a freelancer like additional job and didn't have problems. Can somebody explain me how that things work here?

How for example internship programs operate? Can I do some internship? 

I really want to do something but don't want to risk my long term staying here. I want to work to meet people, make contacts...

I hope someone can help me with those questions. Thank you!

1. No, without a work permit, you can't work period or intern you will have to wait for your SOWP
PMM
snoopy_15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopy_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 8:29pm
Ok, thank you for your response.

I hope that I will get SOWP soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic