Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visitor visa for mom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlreadyHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitor visa for mom
    Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 12:03pm
Hi Guys!

I am thinking of inviting my mother to Canada for a few months. I cannot afford sponsorship as my wife started here MBA last year and she's not working. My mom lives in Russia in an apartment which is on my name and she is retired. I moved to Canada 6 years ago and have Canadian citizenship. What are my chances and how could I improve them? I am prepared to buy medical insurance for the entire duration of her stay, tickets. Is there any ways to convince immigration? Can I just be honest with them and write that temporarily our household income decreased and that's why I am getting a tourist visa for my mom and as soon my wife is back to work I will apply for sponsorship?

Thank you!
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 3:57pm
Your income is not sufficient for a super visa?
AlreadyHere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlreadyHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by ski ski wrote:

Your income is not sufficient for a super visa?

No, unfortunately it is not
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 6:28am
Is there a way someone in the family just lends her money so she can produce a bank statement with a few thousand dollars?

For tourist visa, all they want to see she'll have enough money to stay here and get back. If the ticket is already bought (ideally refundable), and you write a free-form letter of invitation to her stating you'd support her, even without specifying your income details, I think tourist visa will be a good bet.

She'll get a 6-month stamp, and then hopefully your income situation improves and you take it from there.

I have invited guests on tourist visas on several occasions, and I simply stated in an invitation letter that I guarantee all their expenses, without writing anything about my income. All visa applications were successful. I could prove I had sufficient income, but Canadian authorities never inquired.
MikeGD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by AlreadyHere AlreadyHere wrote:

Hi Guys!

I am thinking of inviting my mother to Canada for a few months. I cannot afford sponsorship as my wife started here MBA last year and she's not working. My mom lives in Russia in an apartment which is on my name and she is retired. I moved to Canada 6 years ago and have Canadian citizenship. What are my chances and how could I improve them? I am prepared to buy medical insurance for the entire duration of her stay, tickets. Is there any ways to convince immigration? Can I just be honest with them and write that temporarily our household income decreased and that's why I am getting a tourist visa for my mom and as soon my wife is back to work I will apply for sponsorship?

Thank you!

You may want to try to apply for SuperVisa in this case. It has higher rate of issue among Canadian residents' relativesSmile
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 5:29am
His income is not sufficient for super visa.
AlreadyHere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlreadyHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by ski ski wrote:

Is there a way someone in the family just lends her money so she can produce a bank statement with a few thousand dollars?

For tourist visa, all they want to see she'll have enough money to stay here and get back. If the ticket is already bought (ideally refundable), and you write a free-form letter of invitation to her stating you'd support her, even without specifying your income details, I think tourist visa will be a good bet.

She'll get a 6-month stamp, and then hopefully your income situation improves and you take it from there.

I have invited guests on tourist visas on several occasions, and I simply stated in an invitation letter that I guarantee all their expenses, without writing anything about my income. All visa applications were successful. I could prove I had sufficient income, but Canadian authorities never inquired.

thank you for your response! A few thousand dollar wouldn't be a problem. So, I am thinking of buying her tickets (both ways, not open date, so that it looked more convincing that she will leave by a certain date), open a bank account on her name with some money on it, and buy a health insurance for the duration of her stay. I am also getting married this fall, so, I want her to meet my wife in person. That should add up to the positive outcome of the application, I hope. 

iranau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iranau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 10:05am
i have qestions for visa travel i can asked here? thanks
my father wand  visa and i can help to you for travel?

Edited by iranau - 20 Aug 2016 at 10:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic