Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extending stay.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extending stay.
    Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:38pm
Okay so my 1st extension is due to expire on January 31st however is it possible to get accepted for another one if I include a copy of the receipt for our PR application in with the extension?

How would I need to go about this? Thank you.
Oh and does that get accepted most of the time?
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:39pm
Oh yeah I forgot to mention I am on a Visitor visa and from the US.
On my first arrival they gave me a VR for 4 months so I applied for extension and asked for one until January 31st and got it.

Just thought that bit of info might help.
INLAND!
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:05pm
You need to include proof of your qualifying relationship (marriage certificate, etc.), proof that you have a PR ap in process and proof that your sponsor is able to support you.  Make sure you get the application and supporting info to them before your VR expires on Jan 31, and track the mailing of the ap so you have proof it was received on time.  That gives you your "implied status" to stay until they make a decision.  Normally these extensions are decided favourably.
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:23pm
So would our statutory declaration of common law union suffice when we mail the application?
We already have that signed and more than likely won't be able to marry until the extension is being processed at which time we would have proof of the marriage.

So would pay stubs, bank statements, and letter from employer work when showing that he can support me?

Thanks for your advice. It truly helps.

Oh and do you know where we could marry civilly in Newfoundland and how long it takes to get a certificate?

What if we do get married before sending the extension but don't have the official certificate yet?

What could we provide as proof then?

And would it be alright if it is just a copy of the receipt showing we are in the process of putting our application together or does it already have to be in process by the time you send the extension?

Just want to make sure I am going about this right. Would definitely prefer it not to be denied.
INLAND!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 2:31am
bump

Sorry RobsLuv but my partner would like to know if the statutory declaration of common law union would be good enough proof of a qualifying relationship to include with the extension?

Also we will have the receipt for the PR app to show that is paid for since we won't be filing it until after we are married so will this be alright?

What should I write as my reason for staying and what else can I include with the application to increase our chances of approval for the extension? Thanks.
INLAND!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic