Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refused Cases From London Visa Office

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agoldenapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refused Cases From London Visa Office
    Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 2:04pm
Hello Guys,
I am opening a new thread under the name of Refused Cases From London Visa Office. Please participate if unluckily you are one of them. I personally take the initiave and share my story.

I applied through a consultant from Dubai last year under (0711) construction manager. Follow up the details:

File number from Sydney, Nova Scotia: April, 2009 
Complete documents sent to LONDON VISA OFFICE: July, 2009 
London Office Refusal: April, 2010

My case was genuine with more than eight years of experience to date. My brother is already a Canadian citizen and so is my sister. The way my case was refused made me tormented for many days. My CAIPS reports highlighted the case officer's comments. He/she just stuck to a single letter from one of my experience letters and refused my application on that basis.

Though, i have talked to a lawyer in Canada and he has assured me I can file a complaint against the Visa office in London, since he declares that my deicision was based on prejudice and strict scrutiny.

IELTS Score: 8.5
Member of RIBA, AIA

So guys, getting approvals or refusals is the part of this game.
 Lets figure it out if we could reapply once again. That is the sole purpose of this thread.
 Your comments would be very much appreciated.

Azee.
Edited by agoldenapple - Today at 12:38pm

Edited by agoldenapple - 29 Apr 2010 at 7:51am
Mikel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 6:48pm
Hi Azee,

If i may ask, what exactly was wrong with the statement on your employment records?

Mikel.
Knowledge is worth to share
agoldenapple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agoldenapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 3:58am

Thanks Mikel,

Let me unwrap some further details. As per MI (Minister's Instructions) the construction managers perform certain tasks under the direction of general manager. See details
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/ProfileNocCode.aspx?val=0&val1=0711&val17=0711&val18=0&val19=0 
They perform SOME or ALL of the duties as described.
Well, what happens in my case is,  that i have been performing almost all of the duties while working with different employers. Only in one of my experience certificates it is written as, " I am responsible for the purchases of building materials as advised by Project Manager". Ironically, the case officer skips all the duties that fulfill MI instructions but screws me up by commenting that I was being advised means (I was not directly involved for that undertaking). Moreover, MI instructions clearly states that cosntruction managers perform under the direction of (advise) General or Senior Manager. 
Even though, if I assume the case officer is correct what about the rest of my duties that I had performed? He/she ended up by concluding that issue (statement)my achilles heel and refused my case.

Hope it is crystal clear to comprehend the situation.

Edited by agoldenapple - 29 Apr 2010 at 7:43am
Guy28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 7:48am

Hi,

was your application refused when it was "received by visa office"  or in "in process" stage?

G28

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agoldenapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 7:59am
Hi,
My E-CAS status was:
"Application Received By Visa Office" (Aug-Sep)
"Eligibility Review Complete By Visa Office" October,2009
The status is still, " Visa Office Eligibility Review Complete"

But I have come to know about my refusal through CAIPS which clearly states that a refusal letter has been sent to me and the file is now closed. Yet I am expecting the refusal letter.

Edited by agoldenapple - 29 Apr 2010 at 8:12am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agoldenapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:20am

NO ACTIVITY & NO MORE NEW POSTS...... SEEMS ONLY THE LUCKY GUYS ARE HERE!!!

CheersClap

Edited by agoldenapple - 03 May 2010 at 3:22am
Mikel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:11pm
Hello agoldenapple,

I will advise you contact Immigration Lawyer to guide you through, cos i feel there is still hope in this issue.

Regards,

Mikel.
Knowledge is worth to share
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic