Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Open Work permit for a spouse of an inter. student
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Open Work permit for a spouse of an inter. student

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echomkd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Open Work permit for a spouse of an inter. student
    Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 4:23pm
Hello everyone,

I would be really thankful if you can share your knowledge or experience regarding the issue that I have.
So, the situation is as follows.
Currently, I am an international master student in Canada. I got the visa and the work permit last year and I came in Canada in August. Then, I started my program on September. When I was applying I was not married. Now, I have a girlfriend back in my country and we are looking for options to be together. My plan is to marry her this summer when I go back and apply for an open work permit for her. I checked the eligibility wizard on the CIC website and it says that she can qualify for an open work permit. Also, at the end it gives the documents that need to be submitted. More concretely, they ask for 1295E, a passport and a digital photo. What is weird for me is that do not ask for the marriage certificate.(I filled the wizard as she is already married) Do you maybe know why is it like that and maybe what are another better options for her coming here, because as far as I remember when I applying for the study permit there was an option to take my close relatives or my wife with me. Thank you in advance.

p.s Her undergraduate studies are still in progress, but she should be done by September 2016. Do you think that while applying if she is still not finished the education will affect the decision of the officers?

Regards,  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic