Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

judicial review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidcana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: judicial review
    Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 11:26am
Hi all

I'm thinking to apply for judicial review.Do you know how match will cost me approximately?court taxes and lawyer.I dont have lots of money and looking for a unexpensive option.

Btw ,my believing in canadian democracy is almost dead,after i saw Montreal CJ  lying and  lying with intent Angry
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 1:19pm
Several thousand dollars.

The main thing to consider is whether there are grounds for a Federal Court to grant leave to appeal. Disagreeing with the outcome or the CJ's conclusions as to facts is no where sufficient. Waste of time and money if there are not definitive grounds.

Time to get a lawyer was probably before going to a CJ hearing. Water under the bridge I suspect.

Even the best governments have not so good officials. One lying judge does not undermine let alone destroy the fabric of Canadian justice or democracy. No more than the fact that there are still murders taking place would indicate that Canada is a lawless society. Overall, Canada's institutions are worthy of respect, even admiration. Far better than where I came from anyway.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic