Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Validity of a PR Card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cdnczn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Validity of a PR Card
    Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 1:11pm
Dear Friends,
need your help to check the validity of my PR Card.
I landed in Canada with my immigration documents in June 2011. Applied for my PR Card and came back. Due to some discrepency in the picture, my PR Card was ultimately issued in August 2012, when again I went to Canada.
Now my PR Card is valid till July 2017 and I am outside Canada.
Please let me know, upto what time I can remain outside Canada?? Till June 2016, when I am completing my 5 years from the date, I entered in Canada OR till August 2017, when my PR Card is going to expire.
Kindly help
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 3:20pm
Hi

Originally posted by cdnczn cdnczn wrote:

Dear Friends,
need your help to check the validity of my PR Card.
I landed in Canada with my immigration documents in June 2011. Applied for my PR Card and came back. Due to some discrepency in the picture, my PR Card was ultimately issued in August 2012, when again I went to Canada.
Now my PR Card is valid till July 2017 and I am outside Canada.
Please let me know, upto what time I can remain outside Canada?? Till June 2016, when I am completing my 5 years from the date, I entered in Canada OR till August 2017, when my PR Card is going to expire.
Kindly help

1. You would have to have resided in Canada for 2 years between June/11 and June/16.
PMM
cdnczn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdnczn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 11:34am
Thanks PMM for your reply.

Yes, I need to complete atleast 2 years for renewal of my PR Card.
But I want to know, upto what period, can I enter Canada with my existing card.
wheather its June 2016, when I am completing 5 years, since landing for the first time.
OR
its August 2017, when my PR Card is going to expire.

kindly elaborate.

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic