Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Study permit valid but TRV refused, last sem!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk3821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Study permit valid but TRV refused, last sem!
    Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 7:52pm
Hey guys,
im in a bind, ive been a student in canada since 2002, did high school, and then joined college, since then ive changed colleges twice. i have always been registered full time during these years, the only reason it took me long was i was undecided on a major, three yrs ago after trying out different business classes i decided to pursue finance...now im 4 courses away from completing.

however, last year i was required to withdraw due to being on academic probation for 2 semesters, i was having some financial difficuly at home and was working on an off campus work permit while studying full time (3rd and 4th year business courses), ive always been an above average student but suffered poor grades for the last year and a half. i surrendered my off campus work permit when i was no longer in compliance. my dad had lost his job when he was visiting me on aug 2008 in canada, it was unfortunate and we were all in dire straits.
i had to sit out due the required withdrawal since may of 2009, in the meanwhile, my study permit was expiring in aug of 2009 so i applied for an extension within canada. i registered for classes at my previous college and stated that i would be taking classes there to help raise my GPA, i recieved an extension and permit valid till 2011, but just before starting school i confirmed with my current college whether or not i would indeed be able to raise my GPA, my director advised that it would make no difference since i had reached my maximum number of transfer credits. so i decided not to study and just wait out the year.
i then reapplied to my current university in march of 2010 and got re-admitted into the program to complete my degree(last 4 courses starting in may2010 to dec 2010).
so i thought i should visit my family since ive been sitting around neways. i left canada and applied for a trv in abu dhabi to return before may.
i forgot to include my transcripts when i had applied so they requested to see them...i emailed them my transcripts and a letter from my director stating i would be joinng school starting may to dec to complete my degree...

my trv was refused based on the following reasons: regualtion 179, visa officer did not believe i was a genuine student, i did not have a legitimate purpose, i didnt answer truthfully all questions, i did not submit documents suggested in the checklist, not sufficient funds(i mistakenly provided my personal bank statements in canada, although normally i submit my parents who are now doing very well and have a good bank balance to show).
i am very frustrated and dissapointed...ive come so close to completing my degree and dont have the chance to complete it?...my valid study permit was also taken away from my passport.

my question is this: what do i apply for? a trv or a study permit with a trv? i only need a one year permit to complete my degree and attend my convocation.
i can also get a job offer letter in dubai to show that i can make almost double the salary in UAE than in canada with the same qualification? will this help to satisfy regualtion 179?
also, should i re-apply with all the extra documentation i left out originally like my dads termination letter from the old company and new appointment letter for the new company? letter from my director stating that i wouldnt have benefitted by taking courses elsewhere in the meanwhile? and proof of current registration?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, everyone here seems well versed...i am stranded here and really need ur help. i dont have any assets or anythign in the uae or india (i have an indian passport), i dont have a bank account in the uae, all i can show is a job offer letter condition to me completing my degree...

please help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic