Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proof of PR status with expired card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidcana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proof of PR status with expired card
    Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:18pm
I'm permanent resident,my card expired last year when i was abroad.Two months ago i applied and was approved for Travel Document and came back in Canada.In airport was thoroughly checked  from immigration officers and again approved to enter Canada. Immediately i applied  to renew my PR card byt processing times now are about 6 months Confused 
How can i proof my PR status to RAMQ, since they didn't accept my old PR card and was told to wait 6 months ,get my new PR cart, and then apply for carte maladie. 

Edited by davidcana - 02 Nov 2015 at 9:21pm
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 9:12am
I don't know the rules of RAMQ, but there is no obligation for a permanent resident to have a PR card at all.

The original confirmation of permanent residence, entry stamp in the passport with "PR" handwriting instead of the date until you are admitted, the permanent resident travel document, or the SIN card with a regular number, perhaps all should be acceptable proofs that you are a permanent resident.

Edited by ski - 03 Nov 2015 at 9:13am
davidcana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidcana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 6:17pm
thx for replay
anyway,went to Montreal Reception desk ,first they told me the same new PR card then health card ,byt after 20min I was told  they will make an exception and my application will be accepted  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic