Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PRTD determination as Loss of PR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nafarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PRTD determination as Loss of PR
    Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:34am
Hi everyone
Please Help out, my family applied for PRTD. It was turned down and visa officer dteremined loss of PR for my two kids just under eighteen and wife. The application was turned down due to unmet residency obligation ( only two weeks stay in Canada). They did not appeal due to lack of any grounds. My family intend to reapply for PR through family class sponsorship. Do they have to attach loss of PR determination for reference in the PR application. Do they have to go through PR relinquishment process by submitting application or just the reference of visa officer determination is sufficient. I hope some on the forum can help thanks.

Edited by Nafarman - 11 Aug 2015 at 8:24am
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 3:41pm
No.  30 days after the PRTD refusal, they are no longer permanent residents.  This will be on file with CIC and tied to their UCI (the 8 digit number on the PR card and uniquely identifying them in the CIC system).

At that point they are foreign nationals and may be sponsored for permanent residency once again.

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
Nafarman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nafarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 7:08am
Thank you very much for your quick response. It has encouraged me take a chance and apply again through family sponsorship. Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic