Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need urgent advice regarding study permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin_8301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need urgent advice regarding study permit
    Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 11:36pm
Hello! I am an international student at University of Manitoba enrolled for PhD program. I am new to this forum and the reason I am here is because I am planning to change my school and program. I would like to go to Red River College for Post Graduation Diploma in International Business program. However, I am not getting admission for the Fall 2015 semester. Since, I am planning not to take classes in Fall 2015 at University of Manitoba as I am interested in studying a diploma program at Red River College. Therefore, I would like to know if I receive offer letter from my new school i.e., Red River College for Winter 2016 semester, can I still stay in Canada or do I have to leave country and come back in Winter 2015 semester? If I have to leave country, then within how many days should I leave Canada? Can I enter on the same study permit?

I would really appreciate your response. 
krishna12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krishna12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 5:34pm
HI Im exactly facing the same problem currently im a business student and i want to change to computers but i couldnt get my admission for winter jan 2016 so i wanted to wait till fall may 2016 for admit but im confused like hell wheather i need to leave canada till then or stay here or if i can get an admit can i stay here in canada so if u have got the solution pleasse let mee know.... thanks

Edited by krishna12345 - 10 Nov 2015 at 5:38pm
KRISHNA
erin_8301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin_8301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 9:23pm
Hello! During my situation, I talked to many immigration lawyers and everyone gave me different responses. I would highly recommend you to contact CIC and clear your query. However, I finally decided not to change my program or school. I would say, CIC is the best place to get the answers.
krishna12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krishna12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 9:26pm
thanks for the suggetion. I'll try contacting CIC
KRISHNA
erin_8301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin_8301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 2:26am
Welcome! Let me know what you find out?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 12:45pm
Hi

Originally posted by krishna12345 krishna12345 wrote:

HI Im exactly facing the same problem currently im a business student and i want to change to computers but i couldnt get my admission for winter jan 2016 so i wanted to wait till fall may 2016 for admit but im confused like hell wheather i need to leave canada till then or stay here or if i can get an admit can i stay here in canada so if u have got the solution pleasse let mee know.... thanks

1. If you drop out of school, and don't re-enroll in an other school within 90 days, your study permit is no longer valid.

Studying while in Canada

As of June 1, 2014, all study permit holders in Canada will need to actively pursue studies. This means that:

if you hold a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing your program; and
    failing to do so could lead to your removal from Canada.

Your educational institution will report to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on your continued enrolment and academic status. You may also be asked by an immigration officer to provide evidence of your continued enrolment and academic status.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic