Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

URGENT: Advice Needed PLEASE.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinBayBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: URGENT: Advice Needed PLEASE.
    Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 9:07am
Hi There, 

(If this is in the wrong thread then please move to appropriate)

I am Hoping that some kind, knowledgeable person can shed some light on This Current situation.

I will try to keep it brief and to the point . Any further info needed please ask.

So my Partner  applied to the IEC for a Working Holiday Visa Last January2015 , 5 months ago now. 
It is  2nd Visa for Canada as she lived there for 1 year = 6 years ago, that time it was a Student visa.
No Problems with that.

However this year it has taken a seriously long time for the immigration department to start processing the applications and sending out the  POE letters. 

Since it has been so long with no word on when we can go away We have been both applying for College courses here, just to keep the options open and have something to be working towards together. 

With still no word on the Canadian Visa confirmation it has come time that the Colleges are looking for answers as to weather she will be accepting the places or not. She panicked and decided to withdraw her Visa Application from Kompass as she felt it was taking so long and she needed to accept the college place or risk loosing that. 

After clicking the withdrawal option on her Kompass account has recieved this email from CIC . 

Sir, Madam, 

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request: 

We have received your withdrawal request. However, a decision has already been made on your application. Therefore, it is not possible to request a withdrawal and a refund.

Please note that Citizenship and Immigration Canada must charge a fee as a way to recover the costs involved in processing applications. "

We are left confused by this message and are really worried that this means she cannot travel to Canada at all now, since it is her 2nd Visa application and as we understand it one is entitled to only 2 Visa applications in a lifetime ?

Does anyone have experience with this?

or perhaps, Does it just mean that she cannot withdraw the application BUT can STILL travel on this application? 

Any information would be greatly recieved as we are tearing our hair out at this and just so confused and worried..

Thank you in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic