Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many have snow?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 3:44pm
Flurries here in Toronto which is fine with me. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. This is my first Canadian winter (as a PR anyway) and I just got my first set of winter tires on Friday. My (conjugal, lol) partner is threatening to wake me in the middle of the night to take me practice driving in the snow when no one else is out and about. I have never driven in snow before. Where I am from (South Carolina, USA) if we get snow everything shuts down...schools, government offices, etc because we just don't know how to deal with it. I'm ready to make my first snowman, too!

Edited by Allison - 07 Dec 2009 at 3:45pm
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 5:11pm
We got our first snow of the season here in Ontario yesterday - which is really unusual for us, here in the snowbelt the way we are.  Our new puppy loves it - but I could have done without this year.  We had so much, for so long, last year (and no real summer to speak of) that I just wasn't ready for winter.  I will say this: the snow is a lot prettier than just a landscape of dead looking trees and brush like we had once the leaves fell.  So that's the good part - and what I appreciate, still, about Ontario.  The way the landscape changes with the seasons is really something to see.
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
robyng65 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robyng65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:29pm
We are also seeing our first dump of snow on Saturday night. Woke Sunday at 5:30am, had to take my son to hockey during the worse part of the storm coz not much for vehicles on the roads, but we made it there to quips from other parents who said, cancel??? Don't you know that hockey in Canadian rinks doesn't get cancelled because of snow.....    I am saying 20cms. I am calling Moncton, New Brunswick home, but I am living on the suburbs, not that Moncton is a huge urban center, ha ha. Well the kids love the snow, that's the main thing.
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

Hi ColorMePanda,
My husband arrived from Jamaica into Calgary Friday night, Star right smack into the middle of our snow storm complete with black ice, blowing snow, and as a welcome to canada initiation.... we got caught in a snowbank that he had to dig us out as well as push the car.

We had 15 cm's that night... then more wind and snow.... then the excitement of our son being born less than 21 hours after he landed as a PRV. Clap He's 7 weeks premature, but AJ (Andre Junior) is doing great. Big smile

Now that I'm home it's -30 out... so we're buying a winter coat, boots, mitts etc for him tomorrow. Then we're going to tackle shoveling the metre high snowdrift that has formed down our sidewalk
and initiate him as a real canadian homeowner! Tongue

Aww I send you a very big congrats! You must be so thrilled to have your new whole family with you. :) Wish you all the happiness in the world.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:55am
We had our first snow in southern NB on Sat and it has stayed and getting colder.  Didn't even have my snowbrush handy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic