Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canada Job on Work Permit- Procedure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajendra kanherkar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canada Job on Work Permit- Procedure
    Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 8:14am
Hello,
I am Diploma Civil Engineer with 16 years of experience working in Pune, Maharashtra. I am trying to get job in Canada on work permit visa. How can I get this ? What is the secure way or procedure?
Rajendra B.K.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 5:55pm
Hi

Originally posted by rajendra kanherkar rajendra kanherkar wrote:

Hello,
I am Diploma Civil Engineer<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> with 16 years of experience working in Pune, Maharashtra. I am trying to get job in Canada on work permit visa. How can I get this ? What is the secure way or procedure?</span>

1. It will be extremely difficult from India.
2. You would have to find a company in Canada, that is willing to hire you and after advertising the position in the Job Bank for 1 month and 2 other publications. They then have to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment and pay $1000. They have to demonstrate that there are no Canadians or Permanent Residence qualified for the possession before the LMIA would be approved.
3. With a diploma in Engineering you won't be able to work as an Engineer in Canada, as it is regulated profession. You have to work under a Professional Engineer who signs off on your work.
4. You probably would have to have an Engineering degree or specific skills, hard to find in Canada, before an employer would consider you.
PMM
rajendra kanherkar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajendra kanherkar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 6:29am
Thanks a lot.
It seems that there in Canada ,  Indian Diploma Civil engineer doesn't have any value. 
Means It would be difficult to get relevant job even after I will get PR for Canada.
Is it ?
Rajendra B.K.
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 12:24pm
Yes it will be difficult.

No diplomas or job experience from outside Canada are of value for local employers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic