Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

withdrawl family sponsorship question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: withdrawl family sponsorship question
    Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 11:29am
my friends spousal sponsorship was approved and sent to new delhi in jun 2009. she has not heard from new delhi and they are not responding also.
She had a bad fight with her husband few months ago and he said he will withdraw the application of sponsorship. they have also not spoken since then and he is not replying  to her calls and emails too.
My freind does not know if her application has ben withdrawn by her husband. or if this is a procedural delay at new delhi.
my question is: does the new delhi send a letter informing my friend that her application has been withdrawn.
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 3:47pm
I'm pretty sure they don't but, she should log into e-cas & see what it says
If he withdraws there's not much she can do
I must say that if he's not talking to her, not responding to calls or email - he's probably not too keen on getting her to Canada
She might want to think about a divorce

Originally posted by passport passport wrote:

my friends spousal sponsorship was approved and sent to new delhi in jun 2009. she has not heard from new delhi and they are not responding also.She had a bad fight with her husband few months ago and he said he will withdraw the application of sponsorship. they have also not spoken since then and he is not replying  to her calls and emails too.My freind does not know if her application has ben withdrawn by her husband. or if this is a procedural delay at new delhi.my question is: does the new delhi send a letter informing my friend that her application has been withdrawn.
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:16pm
I've been told by a crappy (in my personal experience) lawyer that the sponsor can not withdraw the application to sponsor after they have been approved as sponsor. And at no time can they withdraw the sponsored person's application.

That said, they can request that it be added to the file that they no longer support the application, but unless that is done through a lawyer (probably even a crappy one) it may never make it to the file.

Best wishes for your friend, though I'm not sure why she'd *want* to join this man.
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:30pm
Wrong - the sponsor can withdraw the application at anytime UP UNTIL the PR visa is issued (and sometimes after if the person hasn't landed yet)

When it can NOT be withdrawn is after the person has landed, the sponsor is then bound by the terms of the sponsorship agreement

If a sponsor wishes to withdraw the application they do NOT need a lawyer (crappy or otherwise), they just need to make their wishes known in writing

Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

I've been told by a crappy (in my personal experience) lawyer that the sponsor can not withdraw the application to sponsor after they have been approved as sponsor. And at no time can they withdraw the sponsored person's application.

That said, they can request that it be added to the file that they no longer support the application, but unless that is done through a lawyer (probably even a crappy one) it may never make it to the file.

Best wishes for your friend, though I'm not sure why she'd *want* to join this man.
My previous profile
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:40pm
Hey, like I said...crappy lawyer.

Date: June 19, 2009 1:44:21 PM GMT-04:00
To: "********"
Subject: RE: Immigration

Hi ****,

You cannot withdraw your sponsorship as you have already been approved unfortunately in terms of your sponsorship there is nothing that can be done. Nothing will come of it though, when you reapply all you need to do is explain the circumstances, so no big deal.

Associate
****.com
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:48pm
Yup, sounds like ...ugh

I'll find the info and post it when I do

Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

Hey, like I said...crappy lawyer.

Date: June 19, 2009 1:44:21 PM GMT-04:00
To: "********"
Subject: RE: Immigration

Hi ****,

You cannot withdraw your sponsorship as you have already been approved unfortunately in terms of your sponsorship there is nothing that can be done. Nothing will come of it though, when you reapply all you need to do is explain the circumstances, so no big deal.

Associate
****.com
My previous profile
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:57pm
Here's some information
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/inFORMation/applications/guides/3900E4.asp

Note:
Can I cancel my undertaking once it has been approved?

If you change your mind about sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children, you must write a letter to CPC-M before they are issued permanent resident visas (see What Happens Next? for information on the application process).

Once permanent resident visas are issued, the promise you, and if applicable, your co-signer, made to support your family is valid for the term of your undertaking.
My previous profile
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 5:04pm
Grrr...I have never in my adult life felt the negativity toward another human being that I feel toward her.

Thank you IslandGirl. You have added to our case against her incompetency, the extent of which may never cease to amaze me.

Edited by tgchi13 - 06 Dec 2009 at 5:07pm
tgchi ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic