Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forwarded to Detroit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forwarded to Detroit?
    Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 12:45pm
Im a US citizen, my wife is Canadian.

We are doing the family class spousal sponsorhip (outside of Canada, via Mississauga)

Her sponsor application was received on Jan 22, it was approved on Feb 17 and she received her confirmation letter.

My application was started on March 11 (I presume in Buffalo) but then it says...
On March 23 my application was forwarded to Detroit?

I check the cic.gc.ca website for timelines of Permanent Residency, and there is no timeline for Detroit. The * at the bottom says that these tables were determined by an office that had finalized 10 or more applications over the span of the 2009 year...

Does this mean that Detroit didn't complete 10 freakin application in an entire year?
You can see it yourself here    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp   

Detroit isn't even listed!
Do they even process PR there? The site doesn't say they do! It specifically checks "NO" for immigration.

HELP!
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 12:03am
I believe that this is a "good air in, other air out" situation.

Buffalo sometimes gets overwhelmed and so 'farms out' some work here and there, not necessarily to the same places.  Your application is probably going to be processed faster now that it's actually being worked on.  I'm positive that other, more senior members will be able to give more exact details, however I've read a little bit here and people have seen their apps go as far as Seattle. 

Your application actually seems to be moving quite nicely, in all things considered.  ^^ 
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 3:00am
I am assuming they are just transferring your file in order to expedite the processing.
Occasionally Buffalo gets overcrowded with applications and order to obey by the stated processing timelines of that visa office, they send them to other offices in the US to help them meet that deadline. Since the minimum processing time for Buffalo is 4 months and your 4 months is getting closer, I am assuming they transferred it to help it get processed faster by that 4 month mark.

They also have been known to send them to the other offices if an interview is needed and if the Detroit office is the one closest to your area then they would send it there. But don't worry too much as most of the times this was done on the board, it was almost always just to expedite the processing.

Edited by ColorMePanda - 08 Apr 2010 at 3:01am
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic