Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Study and work in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgotchey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Study and work in Canada
    Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 2:30pm
I'm a US citizen, trying to figure out the steps to have a working student visa in Canada.  I cannot afford to go back to school, without working.  Any information on the procedure for aquiring a working visa, would be very very helpful.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:12pm
Hi

Originally posted by bgotchey bgotchey wrote:

I'm a US citizen, trying to figure out the steps to have a working student visa in Canada.  I cannot afford to go back to school, without working.  Any information on the procedure for aquiring a working visa, would be very very helpful.

No such animal. If you attend a school in Canada, you can work on campus (very hard to get) You can't get an off-campus work permit (then max 20 hrs per week) until you have completed 6 months of study. If you can't afford to study without work, you are going to have a problem. You realize the international rates a Canadian universities are about $13K per year, and you have to have $10K for living expenses for the first year?

PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic